Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Little Helper (indoor edition)

Joah loves to help out around the house and I try to encourage it as much as I can, as frustrating as it may be sometimes. Here are a couple things from today - some more helpful than others :P I just got done making up a to do list of sorts for him so hopefully with some visual structure we can get into a better routine before the Holiday's totally throw us out of whack.

"Do dishes, mama!"



Mopping the floor (this really was helpful since he had spilled some juice earlier and it was a little sticky... it was on my to do list for nap time, but the little area he went over was perfect! The rest of the kitchen still needs a once over, but it can wait for another day.) I have found a great, cheap option for the swiffer - just use some cheapo washcloths and attach them like a regular swiffer pad. Give it a little squirt of some no rinse solution (I think what I have is Method from Target, smells great too) and go! I took the top part of the handle off to protect me and Morgan from the wild child.


Watering the plants... this is one thing I have trouble remembering. Not anymore though! I have a feeling they are going to be getting a little drink on a daily basis now! This one in particular is looking pretty pitiful thanks to our now outdoor cat - she liked to try and eat the leaves and if they got even one little nick in them the whole thing would die and fall off. We got it when Joah was born so at least it's still alive! Oh, and the watering can is from the dollar spot at Target. Small price to pay, in my opinion ;)


He wanted to do all of the above - I can only hope he wants to be that helpful as he gets older!

No pics of Morgan this time around... she's teething and has been a pistol so I guess that's why. I'll do better next time, I promise! Ha ha!

2 comments:

Sarah Pequignot said...

I, too, hope that Joah will keep up his interest in helping out around the house. With his good looks - we already know he won't have trouble with the ladies - but, if he ALSO helps around the house- he'll be quite the catch:)
Hope Morgan's teething doesn't keep her cranky for too long!

Sarah Pequignot said...

I just looked at these pictures again today, and they're soooo adorable. I need Joah to come help me wash my dishes with his oversized dish gloves;)