Monday, November 9, 2009

Morgan's growing up!

Well, Morgan had her first table food this week. She's growing up so fast! I wanted to wait as long as possible before giving her anything since she seems to have quite a few food sensitivities, but she had other plans. She has been grabbing for our forks, plates, and cups for quite some time and all in all making us feel guilty for eating in front of her. I haven't bought any cereal yet, but we had some bananas on hand so I just mashed them up and let her try a little. She had a few "bites" and seemed pleased to have been included. Next came a little water in a sippy cup. She's handling it a lot better than Joah did (not much caughing and sputtering), but I also started him quite a bit sooner so I am sure that makes a pretty big difference overall.





Oh, and our very observant and quick-to-learn son was evidently watching closely when we were cracking peanuts at a band competition last weekend. I am still finding peanut shells in the kitchen! It at least kept him entertained while I did dishes...


1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

I can't believe Morgan is old enough to have Big Girl food!! Wow, time really does fly. As for the peanut shells... your kitchen is going to look like a steakhouse if Joah keeps it up (you know- those steak houses that keep barrels of peanuts and the floor is covered with shells)!