Monday, June 8, 2009

Our trip to Atlanta

Kevin had a training class in Atlanta this past week and we were able to go so off we headed for our first trip with Morgan... It's about a 5 1/2 hour trip so not too terrible. The funny thing is I was more worried about how Joah was going to do than Morgan. Thankfully both did well, Morgan slept almost the whole time waking up one time to let us know it was time to eat. Joah had his cat nap early on and just played the rest of the time. He got a little antsy towards the end of the trip, but who wouldn't? Really, the only other time he got grumpy is when we went by a lake and boats and he wanted to stop. We heard "boat, out, boat, out, dodder (water), boat, out" for quite a while after that - what can I say, the boy is obsessed already! Anyway, here are a few pics from the trip. I realized after we headed out on Saturday that I did not take a single family picture and only one or two the entire time we were actually in Atlanta, all being in the hotel. We ventured out a little in evenings. We were smack in the middle of downtown which wasn't too family friendly and traffic was pretty crazy so I decided for my sanity's sake that we would stay put during the day and wait on Kevin for any adventures out and about. It was so weird - we only saw one or two other kids the whole time we were there, and I think we were one of three minivans the whole time, ha ha. Plenty of BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus, Jaguars, Porches and even a Maserati and Lamborghini or two. Even though we are by no means sheltered and both of us lived in Raleigh (which most people wouldn't consider a small town), it was almost like culture shock! We did have our first experience with a two store Target (attached to a parking garage) and a three story Dick's Sporting Goods, also attached to the garage. Parking was pretty crazy, and almost everywhere we went had a valet option. Shoot, we had to pay $14 a night to park in a garage for the hotel (and that was the cheapest option!). You would think something like that would be included. Oh well... Anyway, on to the pics!


A traveling parent's dream - two sleeping kiddos...

When Morgan started to cry, Joah reached over, held her hand and started saying "shhhh baby, shhhhh" - he's such a good big brother!


Joah being his goofy self... not the best picture so I guess I should tell you that he's essentially making his ears "talk" and having a great time doing it.


Entering the outskirts of Atlanta we went through one crazy area... I have since learned it is referred to as Spaghetti Junction. Here's a pic of the GPS showing the craziness. It was a few levels tall and roads/overpasses everywhere!! If you google it you can get a satellite image of it to get a better idea.


Morgan zonked out on the bed... she's such a good sleeper :)


I did get to see a friend from college while we were down there. I hadn't seen Megan since her wedding 3 years ago so it was good to catch up. She picked up lunch and brought it to the hotel - gotta love her! I didn't realize until I looked back through the pictures that Joah stuck the Pringles can in the pic.


Oh the way home Joah was telling stories about our trip (mainly "boat, dodder, boat, fish, dodder" and so on... an obsession I tell you). He looks like such a big kid!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo dude - been meaning to drop you a line on here - Meggo sent me the link to your blog - it is GREAT to be able to keep up with you all - Congrats on the new lil one - the family looks great.

I wish I had known ya'll were in the area (although I was just getting back from Florida later on Saturday and thus not sure if I would have had any time to "catch up") If you all find yourselves having to come back this way anytime in the next year or so - def give me a holla (after that I'm not sure I'll be here) Also cause I don't live too far out of downtown and the family I live with has an extra room & kids ha ha - so you guys might could stay with us and just let Kev drive into town for his stuff but give you the sanity of being not in a hotel and where the kids can play some - just a thought.

Hope all is well - tell Kevin & the gang I said hey!

A Byrd in His Hands said...

Enjoyed your visit! I'll have to send you the pictures I took.

Tabitha said...

Love the pics!!!!