Saturday, June 20, 2009

Growing up so fast!

Joah is getting soooo big! His vocabulary has taken off the past few weeks and same for his physical skills. They are talking about changing the birthday requirements for Kindergarten which would most likely make Joah one of the youngest in his class so I am slowly starting to work with him on a few things so that he can hopefully be better prepared (we're hoping to not have to hold him back a year). This past week I started out by making him some wooden threading beads to focus on fine motor, colors, sorting, etc. He's already picked up on a couple of colors and can sort them by shape. Threading is a little tough b/c the insides of the beads are rough so the shoelace sticks, but he has the general idea (I'm going to get some sandpaper which will hopefully take care of that issue). And of course being the boy that he is, here he is lining them up (you can see them somewhat sorted by shape):


Checking out the 1941 John Deere tractor with his cousin Matt (not a big fan yet - it's pretty loud):


Time for another random picture... We started using cloth diapers with Joah when he was about 7 months old. I saw someone selling some that looked pretty neat, not at all what you would think of when it comes to cloth diapers so I started to look into it a little more. There are sooo many options out there, and we've tried a little bit of everything (pockets, all-in-ones, fitteds, etc.), but surprisingly my favorites are the old fashioned prefolds/flats and pins (go figure). Usually when Kevin changes them he uses what's called a snappi, but I realized this last time when I asked him to change Morgan that there probably wasn't one at the changing table... he truly impressed me with his first attempt at pins. Not bad at all!

1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

I can't believe how big Joah is already! It doesn't surprise me that he's showing excellent learning skills- after all, you and Kevin are both smart-cookies:)