Friday, December 13, 2013

Merry Christmas!!!

Kevin's grandfather said "Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes." I know I always comment on how time flies, but seriously, this is crazy!!

We've been up to a whole lot of the same I guess. Thankfully things have calmed down with Daniel's doctor's appointments so we've been able to settle into a bit of a routine. School is going well for Joah - we are halfway done with the year! We started early June to give us a bit more wiggle room throughout the year so I am looking forward to some R&R in the coming weeks as we prepare for Christmas, Daniel's birthday (what!?!?), and a New Year. We are starting a new tradition in our home this year that we're kind of excited about. We usually do three gifts for the kids, and gave them their first one last weekend (St. Nick's day) and will be giving them another one tomorrow night. It's been neat to see them so excited and be able to really enjoy and appreciate that single gift before all the craziness sets in. Joah got his first gun, a single shot 22 for squirrel hunting. Sadly, ammo is in very short supply so he's been pretty limited for practice but is still enjoying it. Morgan and I are going to be taking up archery together as some mommy/daughter time that I think we are both looking forward to. It's an interesting process to watch her (here she is in action) but already I can see a huge improvement. I'm hoping to record snippets along the way to document her progress. Lillian got her big girl quilt and it's too sweet to see her curled up in it each night. Daniel has a slight obsession with cars and wheels so his whale pull toy has been a huge hit. I love hearing his car noises as he rolls them around.

(grrr... I rotated them on the computer but it didn't help)

I could squish him.


and her too.

This boy is becoming quite hilarious I must say...

We've been working on changing Joah's pencil grip because his old way was becoming a problem... looking much better now!)

My wild child little girl is growing up...

First bullseye!

Can you tell she's excited?

1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

My last comment got erased - so bummed! But, here's an attempt to say it again...

Daniel and Laszlo would get along well - Laszlo also has an obsession with wheels and cars. Laszlo would love the pull toy that Daniel got - I'll have to look into getting him one!
I LOVE the video with Morgan. She works with incredible focus and persistence - such great skills for life!! And, I love that she was so willing to share with her little sister at the end of the video! (she didn't throw a fit about "sharing" like so many other kids I see).
Your babies are growing into such lovely children, and I'm only sad that I haven't met them yet!! I hope to meet them soon. I think about you all very often and I love and miss you!!l

Love, Sarah