Thursday, October 3, 2013

Finally some good news!

Just got the results back from Daniel's second formal sleep study - as of yesterday he is off of his supplemental oxygen! He is still having episodes of apnea, but his oxygen didn't drop below 90 so he is able to hold his own now! Thankfully we still have the apnea monitor which is a huge peace of mind for us.

The sleep study itself was tough. I don't know how anyway can sleep with all those things stuck all over the place! The hardest part was trying to find the balance of keeping his hands away from his face/head but also keeping him from getting too worked up because he kept sweating which would loosen the probes. He did get into REM sleep though which really surprised me! He seemed to toss and turn all night. Getting to sleep was the hardest part though.

Kevin had the next day off, originally so we could go to Mayberry Days, but it ended up being a laid back, relaxed "mommy recovery" day. We did make it to Mt. Airy on Saturday - it was nice to just get away, hang out, and decompress a bit.

Daniel has been labeled allergic to Pennicillin thanks to head to toe hives that showed up during a round of Ammoxicillin for an ear infection. Thankfully no life threatening reaction or anything, but he now has a MedicAlert bracelet like Lillian since the doctor said that it is the main antibiotic carried on ambulances. Lovely. She was perplexed as to how he could be reacting since it usually takes two exposures to develop an allergy, but when I went back in his files he had a form of it via IV with his eye infection at 6 days old.

3 of the 4 Monkeys at Mayberry Days. We forgot to get a family pic :(

Joah and Morgan taking in the views on top of Pilot Mountain. None of us wanted to leave, it was beautiful.
Lillian, our wild child. I can't keep shoes on her, and she has a special knack for getting extremely dirty...
 
A close up of her face, and I my memory serves me correctly, I don't think I was able to capture just how truly dirty it was!


The one thing I don't like about this carseat (aside from how big of a pain it is to install) is that her head falls forward whenever she sleeps. Exercise band to the rescue!

Only the one cord to deal with now!

Our sensitive skinned boy is reacting to the chest pads for some reason :(


Night of the sleep study. The red is a bracket that holds the nose/mouth piece in place. I think it measures the carbon dioxide out put.

The joys of living in the country - the sunrise I woke up to this morning :)

1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

The picture from the top of the mountain and the sunrise picture are gorgeous!! And Charles and I cannot imagine getting Laszlo to sleep with all of those cords- amazing that Daniel was able to do it!! Love to all of you!