Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Summer? What summer?

I am NOT going to complain about the lack of summer weather here in NC. It was mild to say the least, and quite rainy. We had a few take-your-breath-away hot and muggy days, but nothing like the last few years. It's been weird though, because my brain is having a hard time registering the fact that it's SEPTEMBER! How can it be September? It's crazy. We also have been doing school through most of summer since back in May when I was planning things out I had it in my head that summer was going to be gross and disgusting so we would hunker down indoors then enjoy some time off once fall came. Oh well. We had a few breaks here and there... enjoying the weather, hanging out, and quite a few for doctor's appointments. That's the beauty of homeschool though, we can make our own schedule. We're still right on track with where we need to be :) And (I keep saying this but...) hopefully things will be settling down soon. Maybe? Please???

We still haven't made much progress with Daniel. I think they are still hoping he is just going to grow out of it, which is great, I hope so as well! BUT it's going to drive my mama self crazy not knowing exactly what has plagued him this whole time. There is hope that things are getting better in that his last pulse ox showed an episode where he did hold his breath, but his oxygen only went down to 90. We (finally!) got an apnea monitor for him yesterday and after a fitful night of a restless baby then alarms showing the leads were off, I finally figured out that I just had the chest belt on too loose. After that, the alarms were for real :( They have gone off a few times due to lack of chest movement. I'm going to swing by the home health office tomorrow for them to download the information so far and sent it to his doc to review. He's also showing signs of some potentially serious allergies, one of which is to penicillin - we'll be doing more formal testing on him once he gets a little older. We meet with a dietician tomorrow to see what the best route is for starting him on solid foods. Bananas are a no-go, applesauce seems to be going ok, although we are still battling hives. Not sure if they are from food or lingering Amoxicillin. He is definitely our wild card child!

We bought a new computer last month and I still have yet to get things transferred over - eventually, right? I do have a few pics to share though :) Sorry for the sideways ones - I never remember to rotate them first...

"Reading" ON the desk - silly girl. She is obsessed with Hop on Pop right now.

My little girl just grew up, right before my eyes :( The new glasses are working well for her though. Her eyes don't look nearly as tired at the end of the day and no more complaints about them hurting! YAY!

The kids were given a small pool by family member - finally got it blown up and they found an alternate use for it.

Now for its real purpose!

And more breathing treatments :(

Smooshy face!

I bought a bunch of corks for some crafts - Daniel liked being pushed around in the tub!


J & M both learned how to finger knit and have made quite a few bookmarks already!

Dad's are always the fun ones...

Joah finished the first part of his Hooked on Phonics! We're doing 2 lessons 3 times per week for now since he's picking up on it quickly and will slow down once we get to the point where he'll need more practice.

Leave it to Lillian to buckle herself to the back of the highchair and not know how to get out.

Country fun - noodle jousting with bales of hay!

Taking in a minor league baseball game! Right behind home plate :) The kids lovde going!

1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

Summer has certainly hit San Diego! It's in the mid to high 80s and incredibly humid. It doesn't sound all that bad, but since hardly anyone in San Diego has air conditioning it actually feels pretty warm! It's 83 degrees in Laszlo's room right now - we have to keep a fan on to try to keep him a little cooler. As always, I LOVE all of the pictures you posted. Your family is adorable and I love and miss each and every one of you!! Love, Aunt Sarah