Anyway, needless to say, there hasn't been too much going on in the Coley household just for the simple fact that tending to the basic day to day needs of my children are enough to completely take it out of me... thankfully I have a wonderful husband who has done more than his fair share around the house to help me keep up. We're gearing up for spring weather which has been a nice change from the cold wetness we have had much of this winter (or at least it seems like it to us!). For Kevin's bday/father's day/anniversary he got a small pond boat which Joah has officially claimed as his own. With the rising gas prices he knows that weekend trips to the lake likely won't be possible except for his monthly tournaments. It'll be great for him and Joah though (a bit of a tight squeeze for three).
Me and Morgan hung out on the banks while they fished. She is finally venturing out more without being held, the little stinker. She's not a huge fan of being outside, mainly b/c it's been so cold this winter. As it warms up I can see her getting more and more comfortable running around. She's definitely not my baby girl anymore, she is looking more and more like a BIG girl each day :(
They are too cute together! The only recurring pregnancy dream I have ever had was that I would have boy/girl twins. It started with Joah, and continued on with Morgan. God truly does have a sense of humor, because I am thoroughly convinced I already have my twins, they are just 2 years apart! It's amazing how often they get mistaken for twins while we are out and about (their torso lengths are very similar so when they are sitting down, like in a cart or stroller, it's an easy mistake to make). Many times we find them sleeping in the same position which is even more odd (it started when Morgan was first born... hopefully this link to the pic works). We are starting the process of getting at least Joah to sleep in his own bed, and this was the first "successful" nap time (I use the term loosely since it took forever, and was not without the usual battles).
Today in the car on the way to my doctor's appt Joah's told me that him and Morgan were buddies... I couldn't agree more. They truly do love each other. Of course, it's not without it's fair share of sibling bickering, but as they get older it seems to decrease. I doubt that trend will continue, but it is nice to see them getting along so well. I am curious to see how the new little one will fit in as time goes on. I could just squeeze them!
This was our exciting moment last week - an absolutely gorgeous double rainbow! I have never seen one so bright! The one just kept on going... after the initial ROYGBIV colors you could see it fainly repeating itself again. Does that make it a triple rainbow? Hmmmm...
Even cooler was the fact that the rainbow ended in our backyard!! Sadly, no pot of gold, but that's OK. It was still neat to see!
2 comments:
You look adorable!! With every new post, the pictures of Joah and Morgan make me smile so big my cheeks hurt - especially the "naptime" photo. Thanks so much for taking the time to update the blog, even though I know you're exhausted these days! Lots of love from San Francisco!!
Beautiful pictures, Renee! If four weeks ago, you were five weeks away from d-day that means you are either one week away or have a baby already. Looking forward to seeing the newest Coley on here!
Post a Comment