Joah is beyond excited about her and doesn't want to do anything but hold her. Morgan still isn't too sure I don't think. It will definitely be an adjustment process, especially once the weekend is over and my extra hands (and entertainment) are gone. I think Joah is really going to step up as the big brother though... just the little bit of interaction with her that he's had so far has been great.
Getting ready to head to the hospital - 39 weeks and 3 days. We were a bit nervous about me being Group B Strep positive so we talked with the doctor and decided an induction would be safest for her so that I could get a full dose of antibiotics before she was born.
The whole process took longer than planned b/c of the doctor being just a little bit later than anticipated (he was supposed to come back around 9:30/10 but didn't get there until 1:30 or so). Overall though only a short amount of time in actual "labor" so I can't complain...
We were a bit concerned at first b/c she just wouldn't cry. She came out with eyes wide open just looking around which was crazy to see... finally they made her mad enough I guess she got those lungs going.
Look at that head of hair!
Meeting their sister for the first time... Morgan was fascinated with her toes.
She already found her finger to suck on, but got her hand moved just as the camera took the picture.
Our first family photo together. A bit tired after almost 48 hours of no sleep, and 24 hours of no food the day before. Blech!
2 comments:
Thanks for posting!! Ever since I got the text message, I've been dying to see more photos:)
Welcome to Lillian Grace! You've picked a beautiful name for your new baby girl. I bet Morgan and Joah will both be wonderful with her.
Congratulations, and much love!
Love,
Sarah
Congratulations Renee! I know I'm a few months behind. Lillian is a beautiful name!
Post a Comment