Yeah, it's been a while (sorry Stewart and Sarah!)... Posts without pictures are not nearly as much fun, and somehow or another my camera cord got misplaced. Thankfully Kevin had one I could use at work so I was finally able to transfer nearly 100 new pictures! We are getting settled in the new house slowly but surely. I think we're just about there actually, but there is a bunch of other accumulated junk still at the other house we need to decide what to do with. Blah! We officially moved in on July 27th, but we were basically just camping out the first couple of nights b/c of some water issues... evidently there was a miscommunication between the plumber and the electrician so when he turned the pump on to get water going, it got fried. The bright side to that story is once he pulled it out of the well we saw how rough of shape it was in so we got a new one at no cost to us! Thanks to the government having their hand in this whole process we still haven't closed though... hopefully next week! It seems like every time we think we have everything together they come back and say they need to look at this, verify that, clarify something else. Sheesh! I will be SO GLAD when this process is over and we can finally sit back and fully relax.
Anyway, admittedly I don't think I took any pictures of the completed house before we moved in so I'll have to go back and do that, but I can share a few of the general day to day living so you can get an idea :)
Get ready to be overloaded with some family pics, ha ha!
I did find some semi-completed house pics... enough so to give an idea what it looks like I guess...
Both bathrooms are painted the same color - it matches a stripe on the shower curtains I "made" using regular curtains.
Joah's room... the pale yellow I picked out came out a bit brighter, especially in the afternoon sun b/c it lights up the whole room!
I was afraid Morgan's room would be too gray, but it came out perfect. A nice, muted purple.
Notice the carpet in hers and Joah's room. We went with a commercial grade one so it would be easier to clean... the color we picked is actually a bunch of different colored fibers all together so that it would go with most anything... the wall colors really make it look different, huh?
A thick "tile" linoleum for the kitchen.
We ended up with a farmhouse/country plank type flooring which I ended up really liking. The original floor we picked out was back ordered, then someone broke into the company and cut the phone lines so our order never went through. He offered us this, which was twice the cost and comes with a 20 yr warranty for the same price. Sold! It, too, is just a thick linoleum. The coloring and texture is really nice though so it looks pretty real unless you start inspecting it. It's GREAT for kids though... no cracks or anything to worry about if, or should I say when, there are any spills.
What do you get when you mix two sweaty kids with dirt/clay that is so dry it's like a fine powder?? Dusty, muddy kids! We decided it was probably time to go in when Joah dumped some on Morgan's head...
Morgan helping me get stuff set up around the house.
FINALLY a break in the horribly humid 90+ degree weather... so we went to the zoo :)
Morgan and Joah dancing to the Wii (Just Dance game - Who Let the Dogs Out)... Joah's pretty good, actually!
I keep getting those darn errors so I guess I'll have to come back later tonight when I might have a bit more patience (and fewer other things to do around the house) :P
1 comment:
Yay- more pictures!! Thanks for posting. I just got back to California today after spending the weekend in Phoenix. Grandma Johnson turned 90 years old, and she let us throw her a big party. Seeing so many of my cousins on that side of the family made me see how time flies. How great to come back home and have pictures of Joah and Morgan. They are growing up so fast! The house looks absolutely amazing. Hopefully one day I'll get to see it in person.
Post a Comment