Friday, July 16, 2010

Cabinets... what I've been waiting for!

Is it sad that I have been looking forward to kitchen cabinets (and the appliances that will go in them) the most out of the entire house?? Especially the DISH WASHER! I can't wait to have a dishwasher again! Anyway, they got the cabinets installed this week and I think they turned out nice. Our contractor uses a custom cabinet guy that's in a neighboring town so everything fits in there perfectly. We also decided to go to the ceiling with them so that there is less visual clutter on top, and few things to have to dust. Our goal in this whole adventure is to make things as easy to maintain as possible. There are a few spots to touch up and repaint sometime next week (our contractor is on vacation this week so not quite as much has gotten done as usual).



We went with a 36" cabinet in our bathroom which will be nice... the kids' bath has the standard 30" height (one less drawer) so they can reach the sink. Oh, and I must say, having drawers in the bathroom will be VERY nice!


Now for the more important things in life ;)

Joah had his first dentist appt this week and did SO well! The hygienist was just going to go one step at a time and he ended up with a full appt... even down to the teeth polishing and check with the dentist. They said his teeth look really nice (makes all those battles to brush his teeth worth it), but it's pretty much a guarantee hell need braces (not that we expected anything different).

Helping fold clothes - This is, of course, after he pushed them all onto the floor. He even made little piles on top of the couch like I do :)


This girl is just a mess... nothing but a mess! You can see it in her smile...


We were getting ready to leave and the little stinker found the one and only mud puddle in the driveway... Kevin thought she would just stick her hands in it, then be done. Ohhhhh no, of course not! She had mud head to toe! Needless to say she got a quick bath before we headed over to Kevin's parents house for dinner.



3 comments:

Sarah Pequignot said...

I think it's adorable that Morgan is a magnet for mess - but, I can only think it's adorable because I don't have to clean it up! Congratulations on Joah's successful dentist appointment! And... of course... the house continues to look more and more beautiful. I can't wait for the pictures of you, Kevin, and the kids sitting and smiling in a brand-new FINISHED home:)

ncsudancelover said...

I somehow just discovered that you have a blog. I love it! Since the last post was in July and things were almost done does that mean you guys have moved in now?

Can't wait to see the place!

Stewart Pequignot said...

Did you lose your camera again? There have not been any updates for a while.