And that is just not something I am used to saying as much as I usually dislike this time of year (how I loathe the heat and humidity)! It's been fun this year, nothing major, just simple joys to share with the family...
This weekend a friend had a baby shower at her parent's house a couple of hours away and they were very generous in opening their home to our crew for the night. It was a blast, although I am sure it's going to take us a few days to recover. There was swimming, fishing, boating, tubing, kayaking (for me, just around the cove a couple of times), and... dock jumping!
 |
| Joah jumping from the top of the dock! I'm guessing 10-12 feet? When he asked, Kevin said yes (while my brain screamed NO!). I hesitantly watched him climb the stairs and thought for sure he would back out once he got up there. NOPE! This wouldn't be such a huge deal if A) he could SWIM! (he was wearing a life vest) and B) just last year he hated to even get his face wet. He's getting close to becoming a "swimmer", but we just don't get to go often enough... this year anyway. I have a feeling next year will be a different story now that Kevin and the kids have discovered the joy of the lake for things other than fishing ;) I never realized that Kevin has never had a "day at the lake" that was anything other than being in the boat and fishing. |
 |
| They did get a little fishing time in... it was a beautiful morning. Dan even made it out there with them and did pretty well! |
 |
| Kevin and Joah's first ever tubing trip! |
 |
| The girls, watching and waiting for their turn. |
 |
| There they go! |
 |
| Morgan or Lillian out with Kevin (one picture didn't upload and I can't quite tell who it is with it this small). |
 |
| Dan fell asleep - poor guy was exhausted. |
 |
| Me and Morgan! She was a bit hesitant the first time so she went back out with me and was giggling the whole time. Dave (Susanne's dad) stopped and asked how she was doing and she gave a thumbs up, told me it was great and that she wasn't scared anymore. He made the second half a bit more eventful with some wakes and at one point we went air-born unexpectedly! She loved it... He was a great one to have at the wheel though - he has a LOT of watersport experience and was able to control the tube perfectly behind the boat (aside from a surprise wake or two). |
 |
| Sleepy sleepy boy... |
 |
| A couple of weeks ago Gma McClendon was visiting in Chase City so we went up and got to enjoy time with both great grandmas! |
 |
| The girls started ballet/tap class officially. Oh my how they are growing up! |
 |
| I can't tell if adorable or beautiful is the appropriate word for them in these pics. |
 |
| Our little fisher girl at a pond down the road... she picked out a worm, baited her hook, cast it out, and reeled in a fish all by herself. Joah better watch out, he might have some competition ;) |
2 comments:
Thanks for the updates. Keep checking for new ones and look forward to catching up on the kids.
Stewart P.
Beautiful!! The right word to use is beautiful!! All of your babies have been beautiful since the day they were born! Love the updates! Miss you guys and love you lots!
Post a Comment