Friday, December 21, 2012

Something is better than nothing...

OK, so I knew it had been a while since I posted, but August?!?! Really!?!? How is that possible? It's currently midnight and I am up (as usual) thanks to what I guess is pregnancy induced insomnia. Who knows. I miss sleep - eventually I will get some again, right? Anyway, what better time to update the blog... I know I don't have all my recent pics off of the camera, but I can at least share a few and give my "watched pot" update that there is still no baby although he's making himself very well known at this point - ouch!

Here are a few semi-recent photos for a quick update. We've had about 3 weeks of illness making it's rounds so our activities have been pretty limited (I don't think we have left the house for anything other than doctor's appointments in that time!)

Our little country girl - I never would have imagine she could not only catch a chicken but successfully pick it up!

Poor Morgan had what we are assuming at this point was a virus that was causing painful and itchy hives to randomly break out on her feet and face :( Our kids have broken the medical mold - rarely ever is there an easy explanation...

And I can't say I have ever seen someone cross their fingers the way Lillian does. I noticed when she was a newborn that her thumbs looked a little different - I think mainly b/c she's super flexible in her hands in general. Craziness!

Early on in our cooped up days - Kevin's aunt Pat saved the day with some worms! The kids had a blast with them...


Getting the Christmas tree up - CHEESE!

A rare mommy picture.

Ready to start decorating!

I think at one point Morgan had 5 ornaments on one branch :P And I can spy two ornaments in this picture alone that have already met their doom this year... Lillian started the day of right by picking up a small snow globe then throwing it like a ball back into the tub. Fun times!

A fun Thanksgiving tradition is skeet shooting with all of Kevin's cousins. Joah got his first shooting lessons and boy was he excited!

Of course he had to save the evidence of a good shot (they were propping the clay pigeons up on a box for him).

2 comments:

Sarah Pequignot said...

I love the new post - though I'm sad it means you're not getting any sleep:( So sorry to hear about the rounds of sickness! I hope everyone is happy and healthy in time to enjoy Christmas and ring in the New Year. Miss you lots!!

J Hilman said...

I enjoyed the new post and am looking forward to hearing about your little boy's arrival! Missing all of you!