Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Looks like it's going to be "Bookend Boys" for us!

I love getting that sneak peek at our expected little one about halfway through the pregnancy. It never gets old. There was a new ultra sound tech at my doctor's office and the experience was so much different! They have a new building and with it came a new US set up which allowed us to watch the whole process (the norm for many other places evidently, but with the other 3 kiddos she just did her thing with the required images which Kevin and I chit chatted, then we had just a couple minutes to see the key things she showed us). The lady was great and said that everything was looking good so far! YAY! Always a big sigh of relief. We got to watch far longer than we normally do and it was fascinating. I didn't realize how subtle of movements I could feel at this point even though the little bean is only 6-7 inches long and approx. 14 oz. We watched as he moved his hand from around his face to down by his side and I actually felt the motion. Crazy. She was able to get some good images even though positioning wasn't ideal. If we had been going for a surprise this time around he would have totally ruined it! It was beyond obvious and she wasn't even showing us. She had moved the wand over to switch positions and I caught a glimpse :P There's no denying this baby's gender!

She did attempt one of those awesome 4D images, but the stinker had his head waaaayyyy too low and tucked to get a good shot. Oh well! I guess we'll meet him soon enough! Of course he untucked his chin and started stretching just as she was finishing things up...




So the score is tied, and the boys are thrilled :). I will say it makes logistics MUCH easier! Now we won't have to worry about building those triple bunks, ha ha! I can hand two sets of double bunk beds...

1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

It's a Boy!! Congratulations!! I love the ultrasound photos:)