Friday, January 27, 2012

Winter?? Where are you?

I guess I uploaded the pictures in the wrong order - so let's start with today and work our way backwards! :P Oh, and it won't let me rotate the pics which is just slightly annoying!

I have no idea where our winter has gone, but the kids are enjoying it! Although Joah keeps asking me when it's going to snow. Most days it's been in the 50's and 60's! Only a couple days in the 40's so far. I'm a bit nervous for this summer. The fire ants are already coming back out, and I'm sure ticks won't be too far behind them. Trees are blooming, and even some of the daffodils are popping up. What better time to jump in some puddles! We had to go down to the old house since that's where all the good puddles (ponds?) are.


Morgan ended up going face first into the biggest puddle. I decided it was probably a good time to go in for lunch.


Joah has up and started writing his name in cursive this week. No idea why, but we'll go with it! Not too shabby for his second time and doing it all on his own. This was from Bible class yesterday. I was just going to post his name, but then I figured people might get a laugh from the red neck, blue bearded Jesus.


Wolf vs. Zebra! This was in no way staged which makes it even more entertaining.


My kids are so funny about food. One day they don't like anything, then the next they are excited about salad, baked potato, and broccoli. 



 Heading up to Granny's. I love moments like these.


And isn't this the sweetest sleeping pic ever??



Helping dry and put away dishes... some days they are eager to help, others? Not so much.


Like this particular day they were helping with laundry. The wonderful mommy that I am grabbed the camera before helping him out :P


Lillian has started pulling up on things. This was the first time so I wanted to get pics of it. I didn't notice her feet at the time and the total lack of a good foundation.


Then I had the thought I should probably get next to her in case she fell. Well, as I was thinking that thought and taking just one more picture she toppled over sideways. Notice the blur? Ooops.


Our New Years pic! Another year of Rook and other games with family... this time at home which was nice.

Silly girl!


Joah really wanted a pair of tie N shoes (New Balance) like his daddy. The deal was he had to learn how to tie his own shoes first. 10 minutes later? Down pat. Wow. And to think I was a bit worried about how I was going to teach him!


At Bible class they have the kids sing twice a year - once at Christmas before break, and at Easter for the final session. Joah was one of two boys who knew the words to this particular song so they gave him a mic. I'm not sure why, he can be heard over everyone as it is. Boy oh boy, there was no problem hearing him then! He was too cute, and of course I was one proud mommy! 


The kids helped me wrap gifts this year (well, Lillian helped UNwrap them). I figure the main goal is to make sure the recipient isn't able to see what's inside which was accomplished! We did have to do a little bit of deciphering since Joah wrote out all the name tags :P

1 comment:

J Hilman said...

Yay! I am back to checking out the Coley blog :) I enjoyed the pictures even if they were from back in January, give the kids a hug from me please