Thursday, September 8, 2011

My new camera! YAY!

I have been eyeing a new camera for sometime now. I wanted to better capture those priceless and fleeting moments of our children's childhoods, but it seemed like I was always a split second too late with my plain jane point and shoot. I had been looking at DSLRs, but just hadn't taken the plunge - mainly for cost reasons (my bday present this year) and also b/c I like to have my camera with me at.all.times which is pretty tough with something that size. I drug my feet just long enough and stumbled across an Olympus Pen. For now it seems like the best of both worlds! It won't fit in your pocket or anything, but I can pack it in the diaper bag with little issue which is what I need at this stage in our lives. The kit lens isn't too bad - I would like a bit more zoom (or really a lot), but with the quality of the pics I can manually crop them and they will still turn out OK. I have been really really pleased with the purchase so far though. I am still in the beginning stages of learning what it can do, but look forward to capturing so many more priceless moments! It has been worth every penny so far!


Playing with it in pretty low light conditions paired with the bright window in the background - love the depth that a good camera can give even in not so ideal settings... This also shows some of my favorite parenting moments - when Joah and Morgan are happy and content making up games or general pretend play together. I love to listen to their stories and conversations unfold - you just never know what they'll say next!


Morgan and Joah helping with dinner. The had their hand in almost every aspect of dinner that night (at times, literally!)


Lily's self soothing technique - I say she's just telling me "I love you" in sign language whenever she gets tired ha ha!


Morgan reading to her baby doll... I love that the kids enjoy books so much.


This one makes my heart smile - Joah had picked a flower for me and I will forever have this awesome pic to remind me of how sweet he is...


How do you know when it's time to retire a diaper cover? It's the first one I bought, when Joah was about 8 or 9 months old so I guess we got our money's worth out of it...


LOVE this picture of Morgan


This one too...


I could see this one blown up on a canvas or something... you know, minus my foot and the yellow tractor :P


Our happy girl :) (not sure why it's sideways)

1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

I think I love your new camera even more than you do. These pictures are beautiful!! (The subjects are beautiful too, which certainly helps). I would love to have some kitchen time with Joah and Morgan. I bet they could teach me a thing or two about cooking:) Lily is growing up way to fast already. I can tell that all three of them are going to be good, good friends:) Love and miss you all so much.

Sarah