Monday, May 30, 2011

Our little girl is growing up!

Happy 2nd Birthday Morgan!


Joah and Morgan "reading" together - I love those sweet moments...


We made cookies one day, and I let them put them on the cookie sheets themselves - Joah was helping hold the bowl so Morgan could get the last couple spoonfuls out...


It amazes me how they can sleep sometimes... just an hour or two before Morgan was laying in the middle and Joah was at the edge of the bed :P


Our Easter family pic - Morgan still isn't too photogenic...


Kevin has taken Joah on a couple tournaments with him... this was his first tournament keeper! 2.12 lbs. I don't know who was more excited at weigh in - Joah or Kevin! Evidently there were a few people across the water watching him as he reeled it in and they cheered for him when he got it in the boat (he does it all himself - the only thing Kevin helps him with is tying his lures on). He is definitely a fisherman at heart b/c even after 8 hours of fishing that morning, we went to a church cookout and he fished for a couple more hours at one of the members ponds...



Check out our visitor to the chicken coop! Yikes! Thankfully it was just a black rat snake so not venomous, but it was still about 4 ft long... I picked it up with a stick and let it go out in the pasture - I dislike mice a lot more than I do snakes :P (It ended up curled up under the water bowl where I know there was a nest of mice at one point). Kevin does NOT like snakes at all so thankfully it was never in the nesting boxes when he went out at night for eggs b/c we usually just stick our hands in and feel around... I can guarantee we will be taking a flashlight from now on!

1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

Wow, I can hardly believe Morgan is already two years old! I love how she and Joah seem like two peas in a pod. The family Easter pic was fantastic!!
And - Joah's catch - amazing! I bet he could teach me a thing or two (or twelve!) about fishing. I bet it's a sight to watch him fish!

Much love to the whole family.