Since this pic was taken the floor has been poured, waterproofing painted on, and a french drain laid... I didn't realize I hadn't taken one in the past few days. My sewing area will be in the corner by the window. Kevin had him put in double windows so I could have a lot of natural light... he loves me :)
My father in law, dad, and Kevin all worked really hard to get the basement done. It was so hot that particular day that Kevin ended up with one heck of a rash - not sure if it was sun poisoning or heat.
Our brick mason in training :)
The kids have had a blast playing out by the construction site. It's actually rained the last couple of weeks so our dirt has turned into one muddy mess. One night we were outside and I thought my father in laws truck bed would be a "cleaner" option for Morgan since she has decided that she doesn't like baths anymore (which makes it very difficult in the evenings). Well, as you can see I was wrong. This pic pretty well sums up both of my kiddos. Morgan as grungy as ever (she was black from head to toe! you can't really tell in this pic) and Joah with his shoes on the wrong feet and busted toe nail... oh, and a little pink nail polish since he has to have everything his sister has :P
The muddy mess that Joah has been playing in... of course he's in his church clothes.
It's been so wet that we actually had a BUNCH of tadpoles hatch into the above mud puddle... unfortunately it dried up pretty quick, and even if they had survived the cement truck drove through the next day. I was planning on getting a few to put in the fish tank (even though I am sure the fish would have ate them), but forgot until it was too late.
Morgan's first boat ride. We decided to go out on Memorial Day, but got a later start than planned. It was a rough ride to say the least thanks to all the other boaters out. We finally made it to our spot, got the rods set (we were catfishing) and not 10 minutes later it started to rain (it wasn't supposed to start for a couple more hours). We were hoping it was just a quick shower, but then the thunder started to rumble in the distance. We tried to find a dock to get under, but of course they all had boats in them so I wrapped Morgan up in a rain jacket and Joah crouched behind the console and we just took off. It was a pretty wet and painful ride back (get in the car doing about 40 mph, wind and rain blowing toward you and stick your head out the window... it's like pins and needles! I even got a fat lip from one rain drop!) We were completely soaked by the time we got back, but it was just getting worse so I'm glad we decided to go ahead and go. Morgan and Joah both stayed fairly dry thankfully. Morgan actually fell asleep on the way back! We were able to laugh through it all... it's always an adventure with our family!
1 comment:
I'm so excited that you're making progress on the house. Yay! Muddy Joah and Morgan are still cute:) It doesn't seem that long ago that we were playing in the mud of daddy's construction projects - but, I guess that was a lot longer ago than I thought! Miss you guys. Thanks for taking the time to put up an update.
Post a Comment