Friday, January 15, 2010

Beautiful Artwork

I have been blown away lately by Joah's coloring and drawing. It feels like overnight he went from mindless, unknown scribbles to being very focused and drawing recognizable things. At first I thought he was just labeling the pictures based on what they looked like after he got done with them, but this morning he proved otherwise... the top pic is a foot, as are the four other little ones. The long skinny one is a fishing pole and fish (the fish is in the corner), and the bottom two are suns. Impressive, huh?


The other night at Kevin's grandparents house we were hanging out and Morgan decided she wanted to come to me. Halfway across my legs I guess she decided she was comfy and just laid her head down... silly girl!


Venturing the rest of the way across... it takes a lot of focus!


Trapped!


Now what do I do?


Every year our newspaper does a Babies of __(current year)__ ad and anyone can submit a photo of their little one born from Jan 1 - Dec 31 of that year to be printed. We did it for Joah so I wanted to do it for Morgan, too. As you can tell from previous posts Morgan is not the most photogenic child. I tried staging a photo and had the hardest time! Here is one of them. As cute as it would have been, I decided again submitting it... ha ha!


This was the winner... you can even see her two little teeth on the bottom :)


Wow, that was a Morgan heavy post... I'll have to try and get a few new ones of Joah. I have been slacking in the picture taking department (who am I kidding, in every department!)

1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

It made my day to see more pictures:) I don't think I've seen the same facial expression on Morgan twice (except, of course, the deer in a headlight series)! She is so expressive. Joah's artwork is awesome. I think he already surpasses my drawing talent. Miss you guys!