We went down to the Outer Banks area this past weekend to spend some time with family and friends. We left Thursday after lunch and came back late Monday evening. I think it was good for everyone - I was feeling a little burned out lately and Kevin has had a lot going on at work including a promotion here in the next couple of weeks so it was good to get away! We met my parents there, then a couple friends came later on Friday, along with my sister Mia and her family. The weather was kind of crummy, but I think I almost liked it that way... it forced us to relax more than we probably would have (does that make sense?). Joah and Kevin were able to get out and fish a little and I spent most of that time inside with Morgan working on a quilt. Activities included a visit to the Aquarium (Joah had a BLAST!), a little shopping (and when I say little, I mean a Christmas shop and a thrift store, ha ha), a couple meals out and about, a ferry ride, visit to Ocracoke lighthouse, and some fishing and Kayaking (for Joah and his Papa anyway). I think I took around 120 pictures... I'm pretty camera happy to say the least, but I'll spare you that huge amount and post a few of my favorites...
Me and Morgan hanging out at the dock while Kevin and Joah fished. It was a little cool and windy so we didn't stay long.
Joah's first salt water fish! Those things were fiesty!
"Petting" the stingrays at the aquarium.
Running for "Ninner" - just a great moment. He was soooo excited and in such a great mood.
The "big fish" outside of the Aquarium.
An unexpected thrift store find. I went in just to browse and took Joah while Kevin helped another guy load a table. As we were walking through the kids section he spotted a baby doll. I let him carry it around while we waited for Kevin, but when it was time to leave he hugged it and with the saddest little puppy eyes said "baby?" so of course I broke down and we bought it. He was attached to that thing the rest of the weekend! It's too cute and just melts my heart.
A family photo in front of the lighthouse (Ocracoke).
Joah and Kaelyn coloring together one morning.
Morgan likes to put anything and everything in her mouth, especially fabric. If she gets her hands on it, watch out! This item in particular was a cloth yo yo for a quilt I am making.
Vicki and Joah playing with trains.
Our happy girl...
Helping Papa with some measurements... we're starting to plan for a house so we were trying to get an idea of room sizes.
Out on the Kayak.
Playing in the "big bath tub." As you can tell this is right after he woke up. He was having a blast splashing his hands and feet.
Which of course led to a clothing change... for some reason he wanted to wear his daddy's shirt. It didn't last long though b/c he kept tripping over it :P
On the way home, hugging on his baby doll.
Allin all it was a great weekend... I don't think any of us wanted to come home!
1 comment:
I am SO jealous that I couldn't be a part of this awesome family vacation!! The picture of Joah sleeping with his baby doll is priceless, and I really love the picture of Joah and Kaelyn coloring together.
Once again, I have to say that your children are BEAUTIFUL and I absolutely cannot wait to meet them.
Miss you! Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment