Monday, September 7, 2009

Beautiful Weather!

This weekend has been gorgeous! I am definitely ready for fall. Yesterday all the kids from our church went to a pond down the road for an afternoon of fishing. I think everyone had a good time... Joah caught his first fish all by himself! He's gone with Kevin quite a few times, but this is the first time he has caught his own fish (reeled it in and everything!). I was trying to get him to look at me, but the fish was pretty feisty so I think he was more worried about it than smiling for the camera (although he was still saying cheese).


Oh, and Kevin's aunt brought stuff for snow cones. Yummy!


Today was even better weather wise. It was overcast and breezy most of the day which kept the temperatures down. Joah spent most of the morning outside with his daddy and me and Morgan even made it out for about an hour and a half. She was perfectly content watching the trees from on the boat (in our carport).


Joah discovered the joys of a cardboard box...


And made his own baseball tee with his water bucket (he likes to throw rocks in it).


Kevin cleaned out my van and washed it for me... while he did that I went ahead and took advantage of the nice weather and hung some diapers out to dry. It has a kind of an old-fashined feel to it, doesn't it? Although my fancy schmancy rack isn't like the long clothes lines of yesteryear it works for me - this was actually my anniversary gift this year :)

...and yes, that is what I wanted... we're weird like that :P


The other big milestone was Morgan rolling over! She went from her belly to back today a couple of times. I have video of a couple of attempts, but it's about 5 min long so I know it's going to take for.ever to upload so it will have to wait until tomorrow or later this week.

1 comment:

Sarah Pequignot said...

It looks like you guys have enjoyed every last drop of summer. I hope fall ends up being just as much fun:)